IAEA launches new E-learning
The IAEA has created e-learning program - Safety and Quality in Radiotherapy designed to provide continuing education to radiotherapy professionals regarding safety and quality in radiotherapy. The e-learning offers participants from all around the world the opportunity to improve their understanding of safety in radiotherapy, learn techniques to reduce and avoid radiotherapy incidents and understand the value and use of incident learning systems.
Throughout this e-learning course, the participants are expected to:
- Improve their understanding of safety in radiotherapy
- Learn techniques to reduce and avoid radiotherapy incidents;
- Understand the value and use of incident learning systems;
- Learn about useful sources of information to enhance safety in radiotherapy;
- Gain insight into improving safety culture in medical clinics/facilities.
The course is organized into twelve modules, each with a short quiz at the end. These quizzes serve as a self-check for participants to review their own understanding of the material.
The estimated time for the entire course is 5 hours. After completing the course, participants can receive a certificate of completion. This e-learning is provided in English.
The modules are:
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Major Incidents in Radiotherapy
- Module 3: Learning From Incidents
- Module 4: Process Maps, Severity Metrics, Basic Causes & Safety Barriers
- Module 5: Reporting Incidents Using Safron
- Module 6: Root Cause Analysis 1. Human Factors & Basic Causes
- Module 7: Root Cause Analysis 2. Safety Barriers & Preventive Actions
- Module 8: Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
- Module 9: Fault Tree Analysis
- Module 10: Safety Culture
- Module 11: Useful Resources
- Module 12: And Now What? Enhancing Quality and Safety in Your Clinic
If you wish to receive a certificate:
- Register with NUCLEUS
- Confirm the email link received after your registration
- Once your IAEA Nucleus account is activated, click on http://elearning.iaea.org/m2/course/view.php?id=392
- Enroll yourself in the course
- After viewing each module, take the quiz. If you answer correctly at least 80%, you can obtain a certificate of completion.
If you wish to read more about our e-learning course, please click here >>
Poster - Building awareness in pregnancy
CHECK, REVIEW AND REPORT: Delivering safe radiotherapy is in your hands
Copyright © 2013 International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna International Centre, PO Box 100, 1400 Vienna, Austria